Friday, March 11, 2011

The Versatility of "Relaxing Aroma" Essential Oil Blend

     I have discovered using essential oils in my daily life takes some education.  I recently ordered the "Relaxing Aroma" essential oil blend which consists of:  Lavender, Clarysage, Geranium, Bergamot and Neroli.  I initially just placed a few drops of the oil on a round make-up cotton pad and just sniffed it in.  I found it to have an immediate calming effect and really enjoyed the aroma. 

     Next, I tried placing 10-12 drops of the blend of essential oils into my hot bath water.  I was amazed how much it moisturized my skin yet didn't leave my tub feeling oily or greasy.  The wonderful blend of oils gave off a delightful aroma and I could really tell how much it enhanced my relaxing bath. 

     Our daughter was really nervous about her upcoming play, so I decided to try the Relaxing Aroma in a diffuser.  I placed 10 drops of the blend in a small burner/diffuser with about a half cup of water.  The lavender and clarysage mixture gives off such a peaceful, calming aroma.  It seemed everyone was calmer and more pleasant with this wonderful smell filling up the room.

     Relaxing Aroma essential oil blend must be mixed with a carrier oil to apply it to skin.  I mixed approximately 5 drops with 1/4 cup pure organic grape seed oil to use for massage.  I kept the diffuser burning to add to the aromatherapy. The massage oil was perfect and made my skin feel like it had been revitalized.  I also rubbed some on my feet just before bedtime for a little added relaxation.
 
     The "Relaxing Aroma" is so versatile, I have decided to give it as a gift on Mother's Day.  I plan to add a bottle of pure organic Grape Seed Oil as a carrier oil along with it.  I may even have more ways to utilize this wonderful essential oil blend before Mother's Day arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment